List:       wine-devel
Subject:    Re: Abort CreateDIBitmap when source bits not readable
From:       Alexandre Julliard <julliard () winehq ! com>
Date:       2000-03-31 18:24:16

Uwe Bonnes <bon@elektron.ikp.physik.tu-darmstadt.de> writes:

> I first tried to surround the SetDIBits() at the end of
> CreateDIBitmap() with the __TRY __EXCEPT clause, but that resulted
> only in the message:
> err:seh:EXC_DefaultHandling Exception frame is not in stack limits =>
> 	unable to dispatch exception.

Hmmm... yes of course the exception happens while we are running on
the large initial stack; exception handling should probably be fixed
to cope with this.

> Appended is another proposal for the patch. I searched for a system
> call touching all the memory in one call and tried memcmp too.

This still has the problem that another thread could make the memory
invalid after the check. It can be noted that most Win95 functions
that have an exception handler do it the same way (set handler/touch
memory/remove handler/do actual function) but it is of course wrong.
Not that you need that in order to crash Win95 anyway...

--
Alexandre Julliard
julliard@winehq.com