List:       wine-devel
Subject:    Re: Fixes to SendASPI32Command:SC_GET_DEV_TYPE
From:       David Elliott <dfe () infinite-internet ! net>
Date:       2000-03-27 5:14:24

Uwe Bonnes wrote:

> David Elliott writes:
> > Actually, that looks wrong since as I said before, no program should check it
> > anyway, and the spec says it always returns SS_PENDING.
> >

> Hallo David,
>
> obviuosly we have different specs:
> MSDN Library July 1995 says in Windows 95 DDK "Get Device Type Comand"

Sorry, you are correct in this case.  The Get Device Type command should
definitely NOT be queued and should always return SS_COMP/SS_INVALID_SRB/etc, but
never SS_PENDING.

For the SRB_EXEC_SCSI_CMD case, you should always return SS_PENDING, but never
anything else.

> > Table 4-5. Return Values from Get Device Type Command
> >
> > Value  Meaning
> > SS_COMP  SCSI/ASPI request has completed without error.
> > SS_INVALID_HA  Invalid host adapter number.
> > SS_NO_DEVICE  SCSI device not installed.
>
> So my prposed fix for WNASPI32_DoPosting is probably wrong and as in
> my first patch we should probably set an appropriate retun value in
> SendASPI32Command:SC_GET_DEV_TYPE.

I think the correct fix would be in the SRB_GET_DEVICE_TYPE case to use the value
placed into the SRB_Status field instead of checking the return value.  I must
have overlooked that when I modified the ExecScsiCmd function to always return
SS_PENDING (which is correct for the EXEC_SCSI_CMD case which it is supposed to be
implementing).

> Bye
>
> Uwe Bonnes                bon@elektron.ikp.physik.tu-darmstadt.de
>
> Free Software: If you contribute nothing, expect nothing
> --

-Dave