List:       wine-devel
Subject:    Re: wine/dlls/oleaut32 Makefile.in oleaut32.spec
From:       Alexandre Julliard <julliard () winehq ! com>
Date:       2000-02-29 18:25:47

Patrik Stridvall <ps@leissner.se> writes:

> So two questions:
> 1. What should winapi_check do?

Good question... ideally it should take into account the import order
of the DLLs, but this is not trivial.

> 2. How should we handle the problem with functions
> with the same name that exist in several dlls,
> that might or might not do the same thing.

We can share the implementation provided it is put in the right
DLL. In this case, functions that exist both in oleaut32 and olepro32
must be defined in oleaut32, because olepro32 imports oleaut32 and
thus can use them too (they could even be declared as forwards in
olepro32).

Anyway when you make such changes you should run 'make checklink' to
verify that we are not using illegal exports. This problem will go
away soon when we start using proper -Bsymbolic linking for dlls.

--
Alexandre Julliard
julliard@winehq.com