List:       wine-devel
Subject:    Re: CD serial numbers ?
From:       Andreas Mohr <amohr () student ! ei ! uni-stuttgart ! de>
Date:       2000-01-31 10:45:11

On Mon, Jan 31, 2000 at 11:28:07AM +0100, Ove Kaaven wrote:

> On Sun, 30 Jan 2000, Andreas Mohr wrote:
>
> > does anybody have any real info about how Win 9x creates the serial number
> > when doing a "dir" on a CD ? (even audio CDs feature that !)
>
> Isn't this the same number that every CDDB client compute?
Good idea.
Except for the fact that I had it before ;-)
The Windows client Fullcd uses exactly the serial number as cddb ID, it seems,
*however* the Unix ID (xmcd) is *different* !!
VERY strange.
So I guess the Windows clients don't compute it, but simply use the
serial number.

I'm so confused now that I'll abandon CD-ROM serials.
I'm sure you can understand that ;)

All in all I've been wasting about 4 hours, I guess...

Andreas Mohr