List:       wine-devel
Subject:    Re: Managed mode metrics
From:       Alexandre Julliard <julliard () lrc ! di ! epfl ! ch>
Date:       2000-01-31 4:07:47

"galberte" <galberte@neo.rr.com> writes:

> This method was the result of much work on the Winword "Bullets & Numbering"
> dialog. Winword does in fact use GetSystemMetrics to get the frame width and
> caption height. It then uses ClientToScreen to take its known client
> rectangle to the screen coords. It then uses the saved system metrics values
> to compute the actual window rectangle in screen coords. Then it calls
> SetWindowPos. Without the patch the window moves up and to the left every
> time one of the tabs is clicked. Based on a note posted on Nov. 8, 1999 at
> 12:27PM from Ulrich Czekalla of Corel, I got the impression that this
> affects all windows in "-managed" mode.

The root of the problem is that window metrics are different in
managed mode; this is broken. We should always return metrics that
take into account the caption height, even if the caption doesn't
actually exist. Unfortunately this will probably require fixes all
over the place...

--
Alexandre Julliard
julliard@lrc.epfl.ch