List:       wine-devel
Subject:    Re: CreateDIBSection
From:       Bertho Stultiens <bertho () panter ! soci ! aau ! dk>
Date:       2000-01-29 16:23:28

On Fri, 28 Jan 2000, Gavriel State wrote:
[snip]
> Do all X servers pick the same pixels, or are there minor differences
> depending on hardware accelleration, etc?

No they don't. It is higly dependent on the optimization-settings of the
server. I regularly use Reflection on Windows and it has settings to tune
for speed or correctness. Some applications leave weird things on the screen
(pixel noise...) because speed-optimizations result in differences while
masking draw-operations.

I would guess that different servers could have very different results if
comared at pixel-level, not to speak about color-differences.

Greetings Bertho