List:       wine-devel
Subject:    Re: COM implementation
From:       Francois Gouget <fgouget () psn ! net>
Date:       2000-01-28 7:17:40

On Thu, 27 Jan 2000, michal_kowalski wrote:

> Hi,
>

> I have some problems with wine COM implementation. In c++ code
> I tried to call AddRef() on IDataObject pointer but becouse of
> additional two longs in vtable (generated by g++ v2.95) my call
> landed in different method. After some investigations I have
[...]
> After recompiling my sources and wine library I'm able to finally
> call AddRef() as well as other methods, however I discavered that
> OpenFileDialog failed to display window's contents correctly.
> That's only one bug I have encountered, maybe there are more.
> My guess is wine lib is tested without ICOM_MSVTABLE_COMPAT
> defined. So I have a question: what is the proper way of accessing
> COMs' methods from c++ code?

	AFAICS you did everything right. You are not using any native
COM dll, right? If so and you are now able to call the methods without
problem the virtual table issues should not be the cause of your
problems here.
	It looks more like there is some implementation problem with the
methods you call. Do you have more details about the display problem?
Unfortunately I won't be able to help you as I have no idea how they
work, but maybe people from Corel/Macadamian or one of our local gurus
will.

--
Francois Gouget    fgouget@multimania.com    http://www.multimania.com/fgouget

            Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in his shoes.
       That way, if he gets angry, he'll be a mile away - and barefoot.