List:       wine-devel
Subject:    Re: Import/Export fixups in the Segfault handler anyone?
From:       Gavriel State <oponvybl () umail ! corel ! com>
Date:       1999-01-10 16:00:15

Alexandre Julliard wrote:

> Gavriel State <oponvybl@umail.corel.com> writes:
>
> > Hmm - we've got a few fixups, but they only touch 6 or 7 pages, so it shouldn't
> > affect things that much.  The odd thing is that we're not seeing much of a
> > performance improvement in our apps on machines with less memory - if it's
> > not the rebasing, then I wonder what it could be.
>
> If you are running two applications in the same session, one will have
> to be rebased (including its dlls). Could this be an explanation?

Nope - we're running just one app - it's on a fairly slow machine (P150), but
it's got 64 Megs of RAM, which ought to be plenty.

> > You could use mprotect to make the page write-only until you're done
> > with the fixups....
>
> Most CPUs (including 386) do not support write-only, and you get
> read-write instead.

In that case, we could just turn off the executable flag until the fixups
are done.  *That* ought to be supported by everything, no?

-Gav

--
Gavriel State
Engineering Architect - Linux Development