List:       wine-devel
Subject:    Need comments about latest DGA 2.0 / driver patch
From:       Lionel Ulmer <lionel.ulmer () free ! fr>
Date:       1999-12-29 21:47:56

Hi all,

Here is a version of my 'driver switching' patch (needed for true
depth / resolution changing and relative mouse movement support for
DGA 2.0).

There is still one problem remaining with this patch (my test
application seems not to react to mouse button press / release after a
resolution change, still investigating it), but it should mostly work.

The one BIG problem I see with this kind of patch is it's inherent
lack of thread-safeness :-/

Should I create a Critical Section for each driver that would be
checked each time Wine enters one of the driver function ? This would
prevent all race conditions between driver changes and driver
utilisations.

But well, this may be a bit overkill for what I am doing (as there is
no real harm done when changing some driver parameters while another
thread is doing the modifications).

Anyway, back to hunt that last button press bug :-)

--
	       Lionel Ulmer   -   lionel.ulmer@free.fr

["patch_DGA_review.gz" (application/x-gunzip)]