List:       wine-devel
Subject:    Re: stupid question (compiler syntax)
From:       "Juergen Schmied" <juergen.schmied () debitel ! net>
Date:       1999-12-27 22:46:23

> void bla()
> {
> 	static SID_IDENTIFIER_AUTHORITY tmp = SECURITY_NT_AUTHORITY;
> 	psid->IdentifierAuthority = tmp;
> }
it dosnt.
I have to type:
 void bla()
 {
 	static SID_IDENTIFIER_AUTHORITY tmp =
{SECURITY_NT_AUTHORITY};
 	psid->IdentifierAuthority = tmp;
 }

CBuilder4 gives only a warning without the brackets
warning but gcc gives a fatal error.
Looks like gcc is more pedantic than the avarage windows
compiler...

(This is from example how to build a security descriptor, I need to
return a valid SD from some ntdll functions to get the native
advapi32.dll running, I just finished the ntdll-registry api for reading
the registry and hope to get the regedt32 directly on the built in
ntdll working this millenium ;-). One function fixed two more are
appearing broken ... )

Bye

Juergen

---