List:       wine-devel
Subject:    Re: registry
From:       "Juergen Schmied" <juergen.schmied () debitel ! net>
Date:       1999-12-22 16:51:35

> After all, NTDLL can never be replaced by a native version anyway,
> while ADVAPI32 can; the current implementation of VMM calling out
> to ADVAPI32 is therefore problematical anyway.

I already started to implement the ntdll functions using the already
implemented server calls.
In this way I can implement the nt functions first without breaking
the advapi. The we could make the advapi use the ntdll without
hurry.

It's mostly doing the job but its ugly to convert the returncodes from
ERROR_* to STATUS_* and the possibly back in the advapi.

Another question is how much do we like to make the server
supporting ntdll functions.
Just some examples: having such a thing like the kernel object
manager with its own object namespace might be nice but is it
worth the work?
Do we ever want to let all K32 object related functions go trough
ntdll?
Should the server return STATUS_* codes and we are converting it
back in the caller function ? (see advapi/security.c for a example of
converting return codes).

Bye

Juergen

---