List:       wine-devel
Subject:    RE: Why was my BiDi16 patch rejected?
From:       Patrik Stridvall <ps () leissner ! se>
Date:       1999-12-22 13:27:01

> Last Friday I posted a patch related to win16 bidirectional functions.
>  It had stubs for 3 new functions and names and prototypes
> for more than
> 30 others.   This patch allowed sol.exe and winmine.exe from hebrew
> windows 98 to run.
>
> Any particular reason why it was rejected?

I am not sure it really was rejected, since Alexandre has
applied very few patches lately.

However, I just looked at it and there is at least one
possible ground of rejection AFAICS.

You have put implementations of USER and GDI functions
in wine/if1632 where they do not belong IMHO.

I guess you did that because of the fact that the
previous stubs where in wine/if1632/dummy.c.

Nether the less, I would recomend that you
* Move the GDI functions in wine/if1632/bidi16.c to
  wine/graphics/bidi.c (possibly bidi16.c)
* Move the USER functions in wine/if1632/bidi16.c to
  wine/windows/bidi.c (possibly bidi16.c)
* Remove (do not add) wine/if1632/bidi16.c

I am not sure whether the file should be called
bidi16.c or bidi.c. Wine currently mixes Win16 and
Win32 functions but perhaps it shouldn't.