List:       wine-devel
Subject:    Re: RFC: Wine license
From:       Gavriel State <oponvybl () umail ! corel ! com>
Date:       1999-11-30 14:10:19

lawson_whitney@juno.com wrote:

> Why take it out of the binary?  People who use the binary to run native
> apps should be able to see About WINE.  Maybe some of them want to make
> a large donation to the authors :-).  I thought your lot was doing
> mostly winelib apps/ports.  Take it out of winestub or whatever puts it
> into the winelib apps as a default - or better, make it a compile option
> or so, and someday somebody may make it work again.  I'd rather it stay
> in the emulator, at least as an option.

The way the 'About WINE' menu item is inserted into the system menu is
causing some bugs in some of our apps.  Also, we're shipping WINE in
a way that's precisely tuned for our apps, so users will never see
WINE as something seperate from our apps unless they look under the hood.

The code will of course still be there, since we'd make these changes in
the WINE we're shipping, not the WineHQ codebase.

-Gav

--
Gavriel State
Engineering Architect - Linux Development