List:       wine-devel
Subject:    Wine poster and slides in german
From:       Peter Ganten <peter () ganten ! org>
Date:       1999-11-29 16:06:25

Hello,

as some of you might have noticed, we have had the
"2nd Bremen LinuxTag" yesterday, organized by our local LUG.

We were proude to have Alan Cox as the "star-speaker", which was
one of the reasons, why we had about 1300 visitors, which is
quite a lot for a local Linux-Show and Expo. BTW it was also
very nice to meet Alan and his wife Telsa personally.

I have done a talk about wine and other possibilities to integrate
windows applications into the Linux-Desktop. I also had a small booth
with a wine poster and some presentations. Thanks to Erics
TEB-structure fix, it was possible to show IE5 running under Linux
and people were really excited about this.

There was a lot of interest in the talk and the room, in which it was,
was much to small for all the people.

For those of you, who speak german and might be interested in the
slides or in the poster, you can download them from

ftp://eegserver.psychologie.uni-bremen.de/pub/peter_stuff

They are (unfortunatly quite big) PostScript files. If somebody
is interested, I can also make the LaTeX source code available.

Both, poster and slides, don't cover a lot of technical aspects, but
might give a good introduction in what wine is and can do.

Greetings,

Peter Ganten