List:       wine-devel
Subject:    Re: IE5 / VMM
From:       Eric Pouech <Eric.Pouech () wanadoo ! fr>
Date:       1999-11-28 14:15:30

Ulrich Weigand wrote:
> > err:win32:EnterCriticalSection Critical section 0x40920070 wait failed err=428d7000
>
> > Note, that the err-Value is the same as the value returned by
> > _PageCommit(). I checked the relay output and found no call to
> > InitializeCriticalSection() with the value 0x40920070. Any
> > ideas, how to debug this further?
>
> Extremely strange.   Not so much the critical section itself (0x40920070
> is the heap crst of the heap 40920000, which gets created by HeapCreate),
> but the 'err' return value.  I've no idea how this could have happened.
> What does -debugmsg +server say at this point?
That's really the same symptons I traced on my side with IE (see posts from yesterday
night) and Alexandre suggested someone (IE ?) overwritting the teb->buffer field (which
is the per thread buffer used for communication with wine server).
this explain that you get strange values, in fact the one from a the last call to the
wine server before teb->buffer gets overwritten
I'll try to find a reasonable fix for that (we still don't know if IE does it on purpose
or if it's a dangling pointer somewhere (Wine or IE))

A+
--
Eric Pouech (http://perso.wanadoo.fr/eric.pouech/)