List:       wine-devel
Subject:    Re: Patch: copy registry, if rename() fails.
From:       Alexandre Julliard <julliard () lrc ! di ! epfl ! ch>
Date:       1999-11-27 0:58:36

Marcus Meissner <marcus@jet.franken.de> writes:

> On Thu, Nov 25, 1999 at 02:55:38PM +0100, Peter Ganten wrote:
> >
> > The new registry code rename()s the registry files, when saving
> > the registry. This fails, if the target file is on another
> > filesystem. The appended patch copies the files, if rename() fails.
>
> This cannot happen? It saves it in the same directory if I understand
> the code correctly, which most likely _is_ on the same filesystem.

It does now, yes (there was a bug in there which is why it failed
sometimes).

The patch is wrong anyway, since the whole point of using rename() is
to avoid corrupting the original file. If we have to make a copy, we
might as well save directly into the destination file.

--
Alexandre Julliard
julliard@lrc.epfl.ch