List:       wine-devel
Subject:    Re: DLLGLUE
From:       Alexandre Julliard <julliard () lrc ! di ! epfl ! ch>
Date:       1999-09-28 16:53:13

Bertho Stultiens <bertho@panter.soci.aau.dk> writes:

> No, everything that deals with .spec-files should be moved away from
> build. The descriptors are only a part of the compilation of a
> .spec-file...
>
> The only thing that worries me is that Alexandre hasn't intervened yet.
> Well, Alexandre, now is the time to have your say.

I don't really care where you put what. If you absolutely want a
separate dllglue program, OK I can live with that, even though I don't
see the reason for two separate tools where one would work just as
well.

What I insist on is that the development of this program, be it called
build or dllglue, must be done in *incremental* steps; this means that
every new feature and every structural change is submitted as a
separate patch, reviewed, committed, tested and used by everybody
before moving on to the next step. Trying to push a finished dllglue
down my throat is not going to work.

And if you try to follow this incremental process, you'll find that
it's more logical to put things into build, simply because making
incremental patches against something that already exists is vastly
easier than incrementally creating a new tool from scratch.

--
Alexandre Julliard
julliard@lrc.epfl.ch