List:       wine-devel
Subject:    Trouble playing Discworld 2...
From:       Andreas Eckleder <A.Eckleder () bigfoot ! com>
Date:       1999-09-26 7:57:30

Dw2 seems to have trouble handling savegames.
A fresh installation of the game works perfectly,showing intro,title
screen and later the game.
However,when savegames exist on your harddrives (they can be properly
created from wine),dw2 gets an illegal address error just 1 to 2 seconds
after the title screen shows up.
Delete the savegames and you're fine again.
I'll provide a backtrace later that day,I don't have that stuff at hand
right now. Remarkably,I remember having seen dsound in the backtrace
listing %-)

Andy