List:       wine-devel
Subject:    =?iso-8859-1?Q?RE=3A_=C4Fwd=3A_Fw=3A_Re=3A_newbies=C5?=
From:       Ove Kaaven <ovek () arcticnet ! no>
Date:       1999-08-31 19:38:47

On Tue, 31 Aug 1999, Patrik Stridvall wrote:

> BTW, what is the problem in supporting Solaris and FreeBSD?
> I noticed that you include a file called sys/vm86.h, that I guess
> is for virtual 8086 mode, Solaris has some similar files for called
> sys/v86.h and sys/v86intr.h that might be of help.

I think NetBSD has a vm86 mode, while FreeBSD do not. (This is outdated
hear-say, though, so I may be wrong.)

Other than that, the problem is basically that I only run Linux myself, so
I just don't care to implement it for other OSes, nor would I have the
means to test it since I only run Linux. No other problem; the code is
very ready to be ported if anyone wants to, just let MZ_SUPPORTED be
defined for your architecture in include/dosexe.h and add other ifdefs
around loader/dos/*.c as appropriate.