List:       wine-devel
Subject:    New kid on the block (Cursors).
From:       "Steve Tibbett" <stevet () corel ! com>
Date:       1999-07-30 22:57:10

Hello.. I've just started working on Wine here at Corel.

I'm amazed at how well what's there works and how well laid out it
all is (for the most part :).  I hope I can make some meaningful
contributions.

In trying to get some of our stuff working, I've noticed that mouse
cursors
are a real problem for us for a few different reasons...

 - The OEM cursors are being destroyed!  This is a bad thing.  It's a
bad
thing that Wine is being asked to delete them, of course, but given that

obviously some evil applications do it, Wine should protect itself.
I've
added code to objects/cursoricon.c to do this (replacing the FIXME
asking someone to do this).  This shows up in my test app as the arrow
cursor changing into something else and never turning back into an
arrow,
and my fix fixes this.

 - Cursor resources are being misread.  I have a resource that
has two cursors in it - a monochrome 32x32 one, and a 16x16
2 colour one (I'm not sure what the difference is but that's how it's
reported by Visual Studio) and when the cursor makes it down to the
X mouse driver in windows/x11drv/mouse.c, the CURSORICONINFO's
bits per pixel is 24.  I'm on that one..

I'll submit patches to the -patches list once I have stuff I'm happy
with.  I've
also got an implementation of MMIO IOProcs that I did based on some
previous work that Gav did, and I'll submit that shortly too.

--
Steve Tibbett
stevet@corel.com