List:       wine-devel
Subject:    Re: (Fwd) Re: shres.rc
From:       Klaas van Gend <klaas () vangend ! demon ! nl>
Date:       1999-05-31 22:17:29

Juergen Schmied wrote:

> [asked by mail but i think it should go to wine-devel too I think]
>
> Hi!
>
> Klaas van Gend <klaas@vangend.demon.nl> wrote
> >I found that the contents of shres.rc are not yet translated into
> >any other language (including English). But when I tried to
> >translate into Dutch, I found that various entries are missing from
> >MENU_002 in the "align pictures" submenu (order by date, etc).
>
> >I think there are a few options:
> >* You send in a patch for the missing options
> >  (shouldn't be too much work)
> >* I mark the shell32 resources as "do not translate yet".
> >* A temporary solution: combination of the above.
>
> I had a look into it and noticed, the order-by part of the menu is
> handled as a resource of it's own. Every kind shellview (drives,
> recycler...) has different menuentrys depending on the columns of
> this view. There is a mechanism in the shell32 what combines a
> menu-skeleton with the aprobiate order-by menu. At the moment we have
> only one shellview what shows all kinds of folders. I think we should
> have special shellviews to display different special folders. At
> least (files,folders / drives / my computer).  Nothing of this is
> implemented yet so I would say don't translate it yet.
>
> Bye
>
> Juergen

Okay,
I misguessed the amount of work involved, sorry.
I have written a document on the current status of internationalisation
of
Wine, will post it within next week.

--
Groetjes,

Klaas

Sioux TSO BV               Oce Technologies BV                Private
|->Klaas.van.Gend@Sioux.nl |->qkg@oce.nl    Klaas@VanGend.demon.nl<-|
|->Tel: 040 2653651        |->077 3595926     www.VanGend.demon.nl<-|
`->http://www.Sioux.nl     `->www.oce.nl         www.rowwenheze.nl<-'