List:       wine-devel
Subject:    Re: Bringing windows to front
From:       Ulrich Weigand <weigand () informatik ! uni-erlangen ! de>
Date:       1999-05-31 13:03:38

Chris Morgan <cmorgan@wpi.edu> wrote:

> Should wine windows come to the foreground by just clicking on their title bar
> like any other application you run?

That depends.  If you run Wine in -managed mode, Wine windows
work exactly like all your other X windows, i.e. the window
focus / raise policy is determined by the window manager.
E.g. you might have set your WM to automatically raise windows
if the mouse hovers over them (or whatever other policy your
WM supports).

If you run Wine in standard mode (without -managed), however,
it completely disregards your WM policies, but implements always
the *Windows* behaviour, i.e. the window raises if you click on
the title bar.  Unfortunately, this seems to be broken currently.
I'll try to have a look at it; it might be related to other X
event processing troubles we are currently experiencing.

Workarond is to *move* the window a bit (which will raise it
for some reason :-/) or double-click the title bar twice to
maximze the window and shrink it back to normal size ...

(Or, of course, you might prefer -managed mode anyway ...)

Bye,
Ulrich