List:       wine-devel
Subject:    Re: Threaded Wine on a SMP machine
From:       Uwe Bonnes <bon () elektron ! ikp ! physik ! tu-darmstadt ! de>
Date:       1999-05-30 11:23:04

Ove Kaaven writes:

> On Sat, 29 May 1999, Uwe Bonnes wrote:
>
> > Covering the Wind desktop and clicking again to get it back to focus
> > makes the window disappear, with the latest thread vanishing.
> >
> > A backtrace of the offending thread in gdb shows
> > (gdb) bt
> > #0  0x4028c99b in __overflow (f=0x83cd4a8, ch=51) at genops.c:162
> > #1  0x4028ae37 in fputc (c=51, fp=0x83cd4a8) at fputc.c:37
>
> This is through "attach"? Could you try detaching and attaching again a
> few times in a row to make sure it's always in there it's hanging? Could
> you disassemble the area it's hung at? Which glibc version is it?

Okay,

here a try to give more information.

I "gdb wine" (I), set "b fork" and start the application. When the
breakpoint is hit, I single step to create the second thread. I find
the PID of that thread with ps , start another gdb (II )and attach to that
thread. I continue II and I. Several SIGSEGVs happen for exception
handling which I continue on. Then the fputc thing happens:
(gdb)
Continuing.

0x8084c3b in CallFrom16_p_word_w ()
(gdb)
Continuing.

0x4028c99b in __overflow (f=0x83cf4d8, ch=72) at genops.c:162
genops.c:162: No such file or directory.
Current language:  auto; currently c
(gdb) bt
#0  0x4028c99b in __overflow (f=0x83cf4d8, ch=72) at genops.c:162
#1  0x4028ae37 in fputc (c=72, fp=0x83cf4d8) at fputc.c:37
(gdb) detach
Detaching from program: /usr/local/bin/wine process 527
(gdb) attach 527
Attaching to program `/usr/local/bin/wine', process 527

Program terminated with signal SIGSEGV, Segmentation fault.
The program no longer exists.

So I can't do anything more on that thread...
-rwxr-xr-x   1 root     root      2478585 Jan 14 22:29 /lib/libc.so.6
gauss:~> strings /lib/libc.so.6|grep -i version
GNU C Library production release version 2.0.7, by Roland McGrath et al.
Compiled by GNU CC version egcs-2.91.60 19981201 (egcs-1.1.1 release).
gauss:~> gcc -v
Reading specs from /usr/lib/gcc-lib/i486-linux/2.7.2.3/specs
gcc version 2.7.2.3

Is perhaps my combination of gcc 2.7.2.3 and a egcs compiled libc
problematic?

Bye

Free Software: If you contribute nothing, expect nothing