List:       wine-devel
Subject:    Re: CreatePenIndirect patch
From:       Huw D M Davies <h.davies1 () physics ! ox ! ac ! uk>
Date:       1999-05-28 17:15:39

On Fri, May 28, 1999 at 12:55:58PM -0400, Joshua Thielen wrote:

> What would happen if we made CreatePenIndirect to work with PS_USERSTYLE?

We can't.  PS_USERSTYLE requires a style array which doesn't exist in the
LOGPEN structure; it's passed as a separate argument to ExtCreatePen.

> I didn't see any OBJ_EXTPENs used elsewhere. Do you want to create a new gdi
> object? If you do, that's beyond my capabilities right now. I'm not familiar
> enough with the internals. Would you or someone else like to take over
> this? I could eventually do it, but it would take a lot of fumbling around,
> and I wouldn't want myself to be a hassle.

That's what we need to do eventually.

> > The next question is does CreatePenIndirect still create OBJ_PENs, I
> > suspect it probably does.
> How would having CreatePenIndirect creating OBJ_PENs affect things?

Oh I was just wondering if CreatePenIndirect could call ExtCreatePen.  I expect
not though as they probably create different objects.

> If we do need to take out CreatePenIndirect from ExtCreatePen, could we just
> incorporate the code of CreatePenIndirect into the current ExtCreatePen code
> and then take out the if statement which we now be in ExtCreatePen?

OK, why don't you do that for now.  If you've got time could you check whether
calling a real Windows version of CreatePenIndirect with one of the PS_ENDCAP
and PS_JOIN flags succeeds.  Also what happens if you call it with
PS_USERSTYLE.

Thanks,

Huw.
--
   Dr. Huw D M Davies              | Clarendon Laboratory
   h.davies1@physics.ox.ac.uk      | Parks Road