List:       wine-devel
Subject:    Re: Wine server does not terminate
From:       Alexandre Julliard <julliard () lrc ! di ! epfl ! ch>
Date:       1999-05-28 8:17:22

Ulrich Weigand <weigand@informatik.uni-erlangen.de> writes:

> Now, I'm not sure how to best fix this problem: I'm not sure why
> the initial process hack is necessary at all; can't we just allocate
> the initial process object like all the others and simply let the
> destructor do its thing?

The problem is with global handles: the handle management code assumes
that there is always an initial process, which is why we do the
refcount hack on it. We could do another hack to decrement the
refcount when all other processes have terminated, but I think it's
best to fix handle management to not rely on a special initial
process. I'll look into it.

--
Alexandre Julliard
julliard@lrc.epfl.ch