List:       wine-devel
Subject:    Re: controls/combo.c
From:       lawson_whitney () juno ! com
Date:       1998-01-15 14:39:51

On Sat, 15 May 1999, gerard patel wrote:

> At 01:18 AM 5/15/99 ric, you wrote:
> >Gerard,
> >
> >Sorry, that crashes the app. :-/.  It doesn't have a problem with
> >getting focus_item back, but it just doesn't expect -1, which it gets
> >because not IS_MULTISELECT and no item has been selected yet, so
> >selected_item is -1.  I'm pretty sure the statement I've flagged is
> >what's doing it.
> >
> >If I change LB_GETCURSEL to this, it works again, so I think that must
> >be it.
> >    case LB_GETCURSEL16:
> >    case LB_GETCURSEL:
> >        if (descr->nb_items==0)
> >	  return LB_ERR;
> >	/* else */
> >	if (descr->selected_item!=-1)
> >	  return descr->selected_item;
> >	/* else */
> >        if (IS_MULTISELECT(descr))
> >	  return descr->focus_item;
> >	return LB_OKAY;
> >        /* otherwise, if the user tries to move the selection with the

> >*/
> >        /* arrow keys, we will give the application something to choke
on
> >*/
> >
> >Lawson
> >
> I can't believe that this application uses a single selection
> listbox and expects GETCURSEL to return 0 when no item is
> selected.. Under which version of Windows  is it supposed to
> work ? Because Win95 and Win3.1 return -1 in this case.
>
> Gerard

I am sorry, I can't get it to display the ad index listbox in windows
3.1, so I don't know what it does.  And I do _so_ hate windows.
Michael, can you tell us what it does?  Win 3.1 or 9x or whatever?
The drill is, alt-v, enter to get the index of ads, then up or down
arrow before any other key.  (no fair using the mouse :-).  What does
it do?

Lawson

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]