List:       wine-devel
Subject:    Re: Re : tool/wineconf problems
From:       Joerg Mayer <jmayer () telesun2 ! telemation ! de>
Date:       1999-04-29 20:14:41

On 29 Apr 1999, Alexandre Julliard wrote:

> Regarding including tkWine in the Wine distribution, I don't think it
> is of enough interest to the developers to add another 500k to the
> source distrib. I agree it is a very useful tool, but it's useful
> mostly for end-users;

I disagree: If the tool does what it promises to do, then there will be
less "simple" support queries the developers have to attend to. So there
is an indirect effect.

> I can put it on metalab along with the source if people want that

This will probably miss quite some of the intended target.

> but as a separate tar file so that developers don't
> need to download more than necessary.

The people involved in wine will dl the full package only once, the rest
will be diffs / cvs updates. Although I'm not a developer I wouldn't mind
downloading the additional stuff (and maybe or maybe not play with it a
bit).

Jörg

--
Joerg Mayer                                eMail: <jmayer@telemation.de>
Its reassuring to know that growing old AND boring is strictly optional!