List:       wine-devel
Subject:    Re: Code freeze for Wine 9.0
From:       Alexandre Julliard <julliard () winehq ! org>
Date:       2023-12-10 19:48:52

Folks,

9.0-rc1 has been released so we are now officially in code freeze.
Please make sure to test your favorite apps and report issues and
regressions.

During code freeze, only small, targeted bug fixes will be
accepted. When sending fixes, please make sure to mention the bug or
the app that is fixed by the change.

Note that changes to the tests are still freely accepted, so this is a
good opportunity to fix Windows test failures. In particular, it would
be really nice to make progress on the Gitlab CI Windows test runs that
still have about a dozen systematic failures:

  https://test.winehq.org/data/93f7ef86701f0b5f0828c8e0c4581b00873a7676/win21H2_gitlab-win10-21h2-64/report.html

As usual, I'll be making rc releases every week until the final 9.0,
which is expected some time around mid-January.

Thanks to everyone for helping us make 9.0 as good as possible!

--
Alexandre Julliard
julliard@winehq.org