List:       wine-devel
Subject:    Re: Win16 tests
From:       Francois Gouget <fgouget () codeweavers ! com>
Date:       2023-10-23 18:11:12

On Mon, 23 Oct 2023, Zeb Figura wrote:
[...]
> I have a QEmu VM here that works, and I was able to get a SAMBA shared
> folder as well. (Does the TestBot use SAMBA, or something else?)

The TestBot runs a very small and very basic win32 server process
(TestAgentd.exe) that can be told to send, receive or run files. It's
not using any fancy API so I expect it would work.

https://gitlab.winehq.org/winehq/tools/-/tree/master/testbot/src/testagentd

> > One issue is that we'll get whatever is on the CD and not any of the
> > post-release fixes because Windows Update will not work (Microsoft's
> > servers don't support the very old Windows versions).
>
> Huh, I wasn't aware that Microsoft did OTA updates that early.

Iirc the Windows Update menu was firing up Internet Explorer and
presumably it was all handled by some ActiveX module.

> Do we have an idea of how much those updates matter?

I don't know.

--
Francois Gouget <fgouget@codeweavers.com>