List:       wine-devel
Subject:    Re: Recent ntdll/unix/signal_x86_64.c changes
From:       Alexandre Julliard <julliard () winehq ! org>
Date:       2023-09-15 9:45:03

Gerald Pfeifer <gerald@pfeifer.com> writes:

> I submitted https://gitlab.winehq.org/wine/wine/-/merge_requests/3845
> which restores the build on FreeBSD and presumably NetBSD, but wonder:
>
> Could FreeBSD/NetBSD align with Linux and macOS which d not define DS_sig
> (and ES_sig) and thus use into different code paths in leave_handler?

It depends on whether the kernel restores them from the context on
signal return. My guess is that it does since they are defined in
ucontext_t.

We have tests for this in dlls/ntdll/tests/exception.c, so you can try
both approaches and see which one breaks the tests.

--
Alexandre Julliard
julliard@winehq.org