List:       wine-devel
Subject:    Re: The future of WineConf
From:       Owen Rudge <owen () owenrudge ! net>
Date:       2023-07-31 8:21:21

On 30/07/2023 13:47, André Zwing wrote:
> I think it still might be that last year was still a bit special.
> The pandemic wasn't "over" that long and I noticed quite high flight
> prices to Minnesota for the WineConf dates. Maybe there was some other,
> bigger event?

Last year's event was scheduled for midweek rather than the usual
weekend slot, and I found that flight prices from the UK at least were
really expensive unless you stayed a Saturday night.

A midweek event would also likely mean people needing to take holidays
from work, which may not be the case at the weekend, and could also have
an effect on attendance I imagine.

Cheers,

Owen