List:       wine-devel
Subject:    Re: fileapi.h / Kernel32: GetTempPath2A/W() implementation
From:       Stefan =?ISO-8859-1?Q?D=F6singer?= <stefandoesinger () gmail ! com>
Date:       2023-03-16 19:23:10

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

Am Donnerstag, 16. März 2023, 18:52:33 EAT schrieb Gabriel Ivăncescu:
> >  From GetTempPath2W() docs: "When calling this function from a process
> >
> > running as SYSTEM it will return the path C:\Windows\SystemTemp"

Do we even care for the purpose of GetTempPath2? Wine doesn't really do
multiple users (it all lives in the context of your own Linux user), and it
handles different privilege levels only as much as necessary. In that sense a
real SYSTEM user doesn't exist, and depending on your point of view everything
runs as SYSTEM or nothing runs as SYSTEM.