List:       wine-devel
Subject:    Re: TestBot News: Missing dlls and VM updates
From:       Francois Gouget <fgouget () codeweavers ! com>
Date:       2023-01-12 13:34:59

On Thu, 12 Jan 2023, Francois Gouget wrote:
[...]
> > And does it happen on a specific wine test?
>
> It's enough to run the amstream:amstream test.

More precisely it crashes in the gst_init_check() call!
That is, the test works till line 464:

464  check_interface(filter, &IID_IMediaSeeking, FALSE);

And the crash happens in dlls/winegstreamer/wg_parser.c in
init_gstreamer_once():

1673  if (!gst_init_check(&argc, &argv, &err))

I guess the good news is that I can crash the X server with:

  gst-play-1.0 no-such-file.avi

And it turns out to be caused by the Xv support so a workaround is to
uninstall the gstreamer1.0-vaapi package. Given that it's pretty basic
functionality that's broken (though maybe it's a bad interaction with
QXL) there's hope that it will be fixed in time.

--
Francois Gouget <fgouget@codeweavers.com>