List:       wine-devel
Subject:    Code freeze plans
From:       Alexandre Julliard <julliard () winehq ! org>
Date:       2022-12-12 10:52:29

Folks,

As you know, we are now in code freeze towards 8.0. This means that only
reasonably small, targeted bug fixes can be accepted. As far as
possible, please mention the bug number that the fix is for.

We currently have 242 open regressions (cf. https://source.winehq.org/regressions)
I'm hoping that we can release 8.0 with fewer open regressions than 7.0,
which means we have to bring that number down to 150. All help is
welcome!

Fixes to the tests can always be accepted since they can't break apps,
so this is also a good opportunity to fix some long-standing failures.

The rc releases will be a bit more spread out than usual, because I'll
be out during the Christmas break. My plan is to have rc2 on December
21, rc3 on January 6, and then resume weekly rc releases, with a final
8.0 towards the end of January.

--
Alexandre Julliard
julliard@winehq.org