List:       wine-devel
Subject:    RE: user.exe16: Support Windows 1.x and 2.x Menus
From:       "Martin Payne" <development () martinpayne ! me ! uk>
Date:       2017-09-28 5:40:08

Hi Alexandre,

> Mainly I find it interesting that Windows 2 apps still work, it probably hasn't \
> been tested in 20 years. Apart from the menu issue, are other things looking OK?

A few applications crash at startup with a null pointer dereference. I'd need to read \
up some more on Wine debugging to understand why. Icon and cursor resources don't \
load, but like with the menus it's just because the format is slightly different. It \
shouldn't be difficult to add support for that as most of the required code is \
already in Wine. Other than that, it's surprising how ~30 year old applications can \
still work on a modern OS!

Regards,
Martin