List:       wine-devel
Subject:    Re: Wine Test analysis, report
From:       Nikolay Sivov <bunglehead () gmail ! com>
Date:       2014-04-25 17:04:20

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

> http://test.winehq.org/data/fba08e34c4478fdce5055c5c3ead7d8958875bae/#scrrun:filesystem

This one is a surprise to me. Instead of a normal BOM sequences it
writes this:

---
filesystem.c:1359
<http://source.winehq.org/git/wine.git/?a=blob;f=dlls/scrrun/tests/filesystem.c;hb=fba08e34c4478fdce5055c5c3ead7d8958875bae#l1359>: \
 Test failed: got L"\f896\200f"
---

0x200f is RTL mark, but 0xf896 is a private are codepoint, with no
standard meaning, so it's probably something else encoded.

This only happens on Hebrew locale (and probably others RTL). With
Japanese it looks like "\f8f3\f8f2", search shows me some ShiftJIS ->
UTF translation results, that mention these codes as exactly 0xff/0xfe
substitutes. Probably Aric knows more about that.