List:       wine-devel
Subject:    Re: [AppDB] How to deal with hardware/driver dependent test result?
From:       Rosanne DiMesio <dimesio () earthlink ! net>
Date:       2013-08-28 12:40:10

On Wed, 28 Aug 2013 11:57:26 +0800
Felix Yan <felixonmars@gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm maintaining Spore 1.0, and it works correctly in wine for over a year on Nvidia \
> video card with closed-source nvidia driver - but I do noticed with Intel cards \
> with open source drivers, the game is nearly not playable - missing texture and \
> more problems.
> Today comes in a new test result that mark the game as "Garbage", while the \
> description is exactly what happened on my laptop with Intel chip. What should I do \
> about this? To proceed with the test result and change the game to "Garbage" stage, \
> or reject with "Nvidia cards works fine"? I don't think either is fine, so I come \
> to the list for help.

Unless there's some other reason to reject the report (insufficient detail, internal \
inconsistency, etc.), it's a valid report. The AppDB is for information, not \
advertising, and we don't censor reports just because they give a low rating.

It's not clear from what you say, however, whether the report even mentioned what \
graphics card and driver were used. If not, you could ask the user to add that \
information and resubmit. Many maintainers of games require that information, and \
IMO, that's a good practice for games entries.

--
Rosanne DiMesio <dimesio@earthlink.net>