List:       wine-devel
Subject:    Re: How to get involved in Windows Store API implement?
From:       Stefan_Dösinger <stefandoesinger () gmail ! com>
Date:       2013-07-29 16:48:49

Hi,

Am 29.07.2013 um 15:33 schrieb 中川祥 <matyapiro31@gmail.com>:

> I do not know much about the store apps development.
> What is Windows.winmd? Do I need disassemble it and create wine version ?If I need \
> C++,I wouldn't do.
First of all, don't disassemble Windows DLLs. Wine will not accept your code if you \
do that. Use black-box tests to find out how APIs work.

> Is there any planning to support them?
What is your goal? Run applications from the Windows store?

I don't know about the legal status of the Windows store. Is it possible from a legal \
and technical point of view to take an application from the Windows store and run it \
on a computer that doesn't have the Windows store installed? I'd expect copy \
protection schemes to prevent you from that, backed up by legal terms that prevent \
you from taking an app out of the Windows store and run it in a different \
environment.