List:       wine-devel
Subject:    Re: imm32: use SendMessage not PostMessage for the Default IME winproc
From:       Aric Stewart <aric () codeweavers ! com>
Date:       2012-11-20 20:24:24

On 12/11/06 9:38, Henri Verbeet wrote:
> On 6 November 2012 15:41, Aric Stewart <aric@codeweavers.com> wrote:
> >
> > This allows the calling program to properly get the return codes from the \
> > messages when they need them. Also prevent all of the calls for IME messages in \
> > that windproc from falling back through to DefWindowProc.
> > for bug 32101
>
> Can we have some tests for this, please? We already have a couple of
> known deadlocks involving imm32 message processing, and based on the
> amount of tests I'm not sure most of it is based on anything other
> than "It seemed like a good idea at the time.".

All right, I have had time to look at this. I have resubmitted with a test showing \
this change to be correct.

To really get a proper test out of it you will need to run on a windows machine with \
an IME installed (such as Japanese or Chinese windows) but my tests with my JP XP vm \
as well as on the test bot shows this to be correct.

Thanks,
-aric