List:       wine-devel
Subject:    Re: user32: Fix 64-bit 'msg' test hang in test_timers (try 2).
From:       "Erich E. Hoover" <ehoover () mines ! edu>
Date:       2011-11-28 18:51:13

On Tue, Nov 22, 2011 at 2:28 PM, Erich E. Hoover <ehoover@mines.edu> wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 21, 2011 at 10:08 PM, Dmitry Timoshkov <dmitry@baikal.ru> wrote:
> > kernel32.RaiseException is just a wrapper around an ntdll one. I'd expect
> > the kernel32 API be always available despite what MSDN claims.
>
> For some reason that causes the crash function to be called twice on
> the 64-bit VM, thoughts?:

Ok, I've modified the test a little and it appears that on the 64-bit
VMs that there is new behavior with the way an exception is handled
within a timer routine.  A continuable exception will just drop
straight back to the timer routine whereas a non-continuable exception
will abort the process.  Previously both types of exceptions would
cause the timer routine to bail.  I'm thinking that maybe a "broken()"
should be in order, but I would appreciate some feedback before
proceeding.
https://testbot.winehq.org/JobDetails.pl?Key=15683

Erich Hoover
ehoover@mines.edu