List:       wine-devel
Subject:    Re: DIB clarification
From:       Ken Thomases <ken () codeweavers ! com>
Date:       2010-08-30 19:56:18

On Aug 29, 2010, at 8:49 PM, Jeff Cook wrote:

> To clarify, it's not about having secret DIB engine code, it's about
> saying "I guess we just won't find time to provide useful feedback
> until some company sponsors it...", as I saw several times during the
> old threads.

What Jeremy neglected to say (although he's made this point before) is that Alexandre \
has, as a matter of contract, _complete_ independence as Wine maintainer.  If, \
hypothetically, Jeremy wanted to and did "order" Alexandre to slow-walk the DIB \
engine (or anything else), Alexandre could and would simply ignore him.  If Jeremy \
fired Alexandre for refusing such an order, Alexandre would have excellent grounds to \
sue CodeWeavers into the ground.  Not that either of them is so inclined.

As far as Alexandre's famed terseness, you're completely mistaken if you imagine he's \
any less terse or more forthcoming with us CodeWeavers than he is with any other Wine \
contributor.  In public or behind the scenes.  It's just his nature.  :)

Cheers,
Ken