List:       wine-devel
Subject:    =?iso-8859-2?Q?HEAP_corruption_again=3F?=
From:       wylda () volny ! cz
Date:       2010-08-29 4:46:34

Hi,

i wonder what is wine trying to tell me by "just discovered"
message:

warn:heap:HEAP_ValidateInUseArena Heap 0x110000: invalid in-use
arena magic 00555555 for 0x118c10

Is that some kind of corruption or harmless?

I found out, that ARENA_INUSE_MAGIC should be 0x455355. Then
ARENA_INUSE_FILLER is 0x55, so it looks to me, that wine overwrites
455355 by several 55 and then complains ;)

What is it good for to put there 455355 and then intentionally
overwrite(??) that by different value?

W.