List:       wine-devel
Subject:    Re: d3dx9: D3DXCreateMeshFVF
From:       Misha Koshelev <misha680 () gmail ! com>
Date:       2010-07-31 15:36:54

"Misha Koshelev" <misha680@gmail.com> wrote:

> > Instead of implementing D3DXCreateMeshFVF, wouldn't it be better to
> > implement D3DXCreateMesh and call the latter from D3DXCreateMeshFVF by
> > previously using D3DXDeclaratorFromFVF?
> >
> > D3DXCreateMeshFVF would be pretty straight then:
> > 1. get the const LPD3DVERTEXELEMENT9 *pDeclaration from the supplied FVF
> > 2. call D3DXCreateMesh
> >
> > BTW, D3DXGetFVFVertexSize could then also be forwarded to
> > D3DXGetDeclVertexSize and the code simplified.
> Thank you
>
> Thank you. Yes indeed this is the approach that has been recommended by Henri \
> Verbeet as well.
> Specifically, after the D3DXCreateSphere patch (in some form) is applied to git:
> http://bugs2.winehq.org/attachment.cgi?id=29947
>
> You can see two patches for tests here:
> http://bugs2.winehq.org/attachment.cgi?id=29948
> http://bugs2.winehq.org/attachment.cgi?id=29949
>
> The only caveat is that we must first implement D3DXFVFFromDeclarator at the very \
> least, as the CreateIndexBuffer call must be (to my understanding) supplied an FVF.
>
> Thank you
> Misha

Fyi, I am currently taking a break from working on these patches as I feel like it \
may take some more time to get the D3DXCreateSphere tests into git given that it has \
been through so many tries.

However, I hope that once this hurdle has passed I can once again continue to work on \
these implementations at full speed.

Thank you
Misha