List:       wine-devel
Subject:    Re: patch wined3d
From:       James McKenzie <jjmckenzie51 () earthlink ! net>
Date:       2009-05-29 2:18:37

Pavel Prochazka wrote:

> static HRESULT WINAPI IWineGDISwapChainImpl_Present(IWineD3DSwapChain *iface, CONST \
> RECT *pSourceRect, CONST RECT *pDestRect, HWND hDestWindowOverride, CONST >RGNDATA \
> *pDirtyRegion, DWORD dwFlags) { IWineD3DSwapChainImpl *This = \
>                 (IWineD3DSwapChainImpl *) iface;
> -    IWineD3DSurfaceImpl *front, *back;
> +    IWineD3DSurfaceImpl *front, *back,*hlp1,*hlp2;;

You need to keep the same spacing as the remainder of the line.

-    {
-        HDC tmp;
-        tmp = front->hDC;
+    {

Get rid of the trailing whitespace, it is not needed nor necessary.

-
-        tmp = front->resource.allocatedMemory;
+

Same here.  You should go through your additions and make sure that no trailing \
whitespace exists on any line.

Also, you should combine all of your fixes into one patch until it is accepted.

Lastly, a description should describe what your patch does:

[wine3d]  Create swapchains to eliminate problems with backbuffers (bug XXX {there \
are at least five bugs with backbuffer problems})

Also, provide test cases to prove that your patch actually does something that \
Windows(TM) does and to show that you did your homework.

Again, as one of the people with the backbuffer problem causing FPS slowness, I am \
very interested in these patches.  However, they need to be cleaned up so that we can \
use them.

James McKenzie