List:       wine-devel
Subject:    Re: Wined3d being used with VirtualBox D3D
From:       "Roderick Colenbrander" <thunderbird2k () gmx ! net>
Date:       2009-01-30 10:56:08

> All,
>
> An interesting piece from Phoronix about new VirtualBox Direct3D
> support; which apparently uses WineD3D in the backend.  I haven't
> noticed anything in particular but has Sun been filing bugs / sending
> patches?
>
> http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=NzAyNA
>
> --Zach

A couple of months ago when VirtualBox received opengl support I contacted some of \
their developers using irc and told them how to run WineD3D on Windows and gave them \
some test dlls. It seems they picked it up. They are just using stock WineD3D (with \
two or three hacks to work around bugs in their GL implementation).

Roderick
--
Psssst! Schon vom neuen GMX MultiMessenger gehört? Der kann`s mit allen: \
http://www.gmx.net/de/go/multimessenger01