List:       wine-devel
Subject:    Re: wined3d: Convert between A8R8G8B8 and X8R8G8B8
From:       Kjell Rune Skaaraas <kjella79 () yahoo ! no>
Date:       2008-09-30 10:50:43

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

Henri Verbeet wrote:

> 2008/9/29 Kjell Rune Skaaraas <kjella79 at yahoo.no>:
> > Hello,
> >
> > A simple patch which adds converting between A8R8G8B8 and X8R8G8B8 that
> > gives me one less warning to deal with while trying to make a game function.
> > It zeroes out the alpha channel to be on the safe side, though it should
> > never be used in the destination format anyway.
> >
> What does this fix, in practice?

A D3D surface is being converted from A8R8G8B8 to X8R8G8B8 and wine warns that there \
is no conversion function, so I added it. In practise it doesn't matter because the \
RGB parts are still valid, so nothing should change unless any app uses the X8 bits = \
unused. Just fixed a warning and was the right skill level for my first wine patch. \
I'm working on one that does a little more real work now.

Regards,

Kjell Rune

Alt i ett. Få Yahoo! Mail med adressekartotek, kalender og
notisblokk. http://no.mail.yahoo.com