List:       wine-devel
Subject:    Re: wineshelllink: Use FreeDesktop standard to create Wine menu
From:       Andreas Mohr <andi () rhlx01 ! fht-esslingen ! de>
Date:       2006-11-25 16:44:41

Hi,

On Sat, Nov 25, 2006 at 07:55:38AM -0800, Dan Kegel wrote:
> > [We can't just check the scripts into the wine source tree
> > and require their installation.]
>
> Why not?  If they save effort and work well, let's do it.

Yes please. If they save tons of efforts via the Oh So Ugly
mechanism of standardization </sarcasm> then let's just do it.
I'm tired of the non-standard behaviour of too many Linux distros.
Let's forcefully change that for the better.
I'd say it's fair to slightly penalize those who don't comply.

Besides, xdg-utils happens to already be installed on my
Debian testing box:
# dpkg -l|grep xdg-utils
ii  xdg-utils                               1.0-1                                    \
Desktop integration utilities from freedeskt

Most likely that happened due to some Recommended: or Suggested:
line (I'm adding most recommended packages to my install/upgrade list).
I certainly didn't explicitly do it because I heard of this cool package...

Andreas Mohr