List:       wine-devel
Subject:    Re: Web Server Back Online
From:       Jeremy Newman <jnewman () codeweavers ! com>
Date:       2005-08-31 16:59:23

On Wed, 2005-08-31 at 19:24 +0300, Saulius Krasuckas wrote:
> Hm.  The page shows it's type as "x-patch".  Even pine on my mail server
> knows it is a text file which can be easily viewed.  Still winehq
> server/mail-manager converts the type to "application/octet-stream".

> May it have something to do with the content of /etc/mime* ?

No, it's simple really. Pipermail stores all attachments in as .bin files. I believe \
this is to prevent any possible server hacks by emailing attachments that could get \
executed locally by the server. This was possible in hypermail by emailing a .cgi or \
a .php file. When you click that link the file would be executed. I worked around it \
by disabling those extensions in the directories where hypermail is.

When you click the link, apache sees .bin, which will always return a mime type of \
application/octet-stream.

The only way to work around that is for pipermail to use a cgi program which would \
send the correct mime type when you download a file.