List:       wine-devel
Subject:    Re: icmstream mem leak fix
From:       Mike McCormack <mike () codeweavers ! com>
Date:       2004-11-30 8:12:23

James Hawkins wrote:

> I just want to make sure I've got this.  Do we want to release even if
> the call to QueryInterface suceeds?

The old code sets ref=0, then just free's the memory.  My method would
set ref=1, then call Release() which decrements ref and free's memory.

If QueryInterface succeeds, then it will increment the reference count
again, so we'll only end up free'ing memory in Release if the
QueryInterface fails.  It's a more COM-ish way of doing things... the
original code still works though.

Mike