List:       wine-devel
Subject:    Pango for BiDi
From:       Mike Hearn <mike () navi ! cx>
Date:       2004-06-30 22:04:02

Hi Shachar,

I am reading your interview and a few words jumped out at me, mostly
"BiDi", "shaping" and "unicode" - very vague I know, but if I
understand correctly Pango is a library with advanced support for shaping
and laying out all kinds of different scripts. Only stopper I can think of
would be that it uses UTF-8 not UTF-16.

Have you looked at this, or am I talking smack?

thanks -mike